Give give give, then receive.
When I first started with social media marketing this book really helped me understand the value of building trust with your customers.
If you haven’t heard of Gary Vee you’re probably “AFK” from social media. He’s one of the top social media marketers/influencers and his agency now works with fortune 500 companies, to give the gist of it.
Anyway this book has all sorts of jabs (values), that can be used for your agency, or business. He talks about the ins and outs of social media, how trends are always changing and evolving, and how we can adapt to it.
He also talks about how you should be portraying your brand story, and how you should ADVERTISE accordingly. There are many real life examples (good and bad) which he carefully analyses and show what companies are doing right and wrong.
Although some topics I feel are a little outdated (book released in 2013), the core idea of it still remains the same.
How does the title correlate?
Basically, many people fail to build a brand/sell a product or service because they only go for the right hook (finishing move). Metaphorically speaking, the idea is to jab (give value), and dabble on your opponent until they weaken (much value is given, and a trust is formed) before you can seal the deal (right hook). If you give people value, you build trust, and you build a relationship.
The rest will follow – build a rapport, form partnerships, etc.
Quick summary on the book:
- How to utilize different social media platforms for your business
- Understanding the ins and outs of different platforms
- Learn examples of good and bad advertising
- Know the value of first giving value, before trying to sell something
- The importance of social media today and for the future
- Learn how you can build your brand in a rapidly evolving digital age
This is a book I would recommend. Although not for everyone, this book would really benefit you if you:
- Want to start your own social media/digital marketing agency
- Want to scale your business / build your brand story
- Keep up to date with latest trends on the internet (although a little outdated, principles remain the same)
- Love anything social media
If you’d like to get a copy of the book, you find it >>> HERE <<< OR Click the image below.
- Book review of “Jab Jab Jab Right Hook”
- Learn the ropes of social media and how you can utilize it for your business/brand
- Learn from Gary Vee himself
- Know the importance of GIVING value before RECEIVING
Geoff is a blogger, social media consultant, influencer and loves to motivate people. Ever since venturing on his own journey, he has acquired many skill sets in business, blogging, self-development and more. From faith, podcasts, books, mentors and personal experiences he believes in sharing the knowledge gained with the intention of helping other people.